Monday 10 August 2015

Weekend Crafting

This past weekend was cold and rainy so I decided to spend sometime making cards. My table is set up looking out my lounge room window.  It gives me much pleasure to sit at my table crafting and watch the native birds splashing in the birdbath and the doves feeding from a bird feeder hanging in a bottlebrush tree in my front garden.

Here are four of the cards that I made last weekend. Inspiration for these cards came from Pinterest, there are so many very talented ladies out there that are willing share their great ideas. I love the bright colours of this first card, I used honey cardstock for the card then stamped the flowers on daisy white cardstock and inked the flower centres with honey ink.


I really like how this card turned out, it was fun doing the colouring and the sentiment brings back memories of watching "Friends" with Joey saying "How You Doing".


Making masculine cards is always a bit of a challenge but I love the simplicity of this card, I sponged white ink directly onto the brown cardstock, then added the stamped image, a narrow strip of paper, black twine and the embellishment.


Another simple but colourful card, the ity bity sparkles adds just the right amount of bling.


Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment