Sunday 20 May 2018

Beautiful Friendship Blog Hop

Welcome to our Beautiful Friendship blog hop, if you arrived here from Vandra's blog you are in the right place. If you arrived here by chance I hope you see something you like and to continue the hop click on the link at the end of this post.



Oh my I love this collection, the papers, compliments and the stamp set is truly beautiful. Working with such a lovely collection is a great pleasure. All of the papers are stunning and the compliments pack is so pretty. The Workshop Your Way kit is great value for your money, it is only $45.00 and contains so many different products.


 This stamp and Thin Cut set is so versatile, I can see me using it for so many different projects, cards layouts and 3D projects.



 In March I attended the CTMH convention in Melbourne and while there I went to the Melbourne Flower Show. It was wonderful and I took so many photos of the beautiful floral arrangements. I want to thank maryannjenkins.com for the inspiration for this layout, I found one of her layouts on Pinterest. I wanted the photos to be the main focus of the layout and the papers just to compliment the photos. I added the flourishes to the edges and then the two die cut words, a really simple layout. As I said I wanted the photos to be the focus so I had them printed with 2 on a 4"x6 photo size. I am sure all machines have this option in the collage section. By printing them this size I got more on my page but didn't loose any of the subject of the picture.


I really enjoy making boxes and I found the instructions to make this box a few years ago but never got around to making it. It looks like a normal box but it opens in a different way, the lid and the box is all in one. One of the things I really love about CTMH products are how the different compliments works so well together. This Blue Burlap Ribbon matches the Beautiful Friendship papers beautifully. You need the Belly Band to hold the box together, but it also adds a lovely decorative touch to the box. You can download the instructions to make this box here









My last project uses the teapot stamp set. It is a side step card and I thought this style of card was what was needed to showcase this lovely stamp set. You can use our cards from the Value Pack to make this type of card but I wanted to use the Sapphire Cardstock for my base. After stamping the teapot I felt it needed something else so I decided to emboss it using the Dot Embossing Folder Z1924, it gave it a nice textured look. This card will fit in a standard envelope, and it will look really nice when left out on display.




You can easily find the instructions to make this card on Pinterest or watch a video on You Tube.



Thanks again for stopping by, to see some other wonderful ideas click here to go to  Megan's blog, she always has terrific projects to share. I really appreciate you taking a moment to leave a comment.



6 comments:

  1. Oh Doris!!! As always I adore every one of your projects. I'm a big flower photographer so will defs be copying that layout and I can't wait to make that box - super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaunna, I really liked how simple the layout is.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous page and its a great tip for printing extra photos. Love the colour choices that perfectly complimented your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vandra, I had so many flower photos I just chose the pink and white ones for this layout.

      Delete
  3. Love your step card and that box is so cute!
    Like you, I often print pics in 3"x4" to fit more on the page. You page looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen, I was so happy when I realised I could get double the photos for the same price.

      Delete