Monday 1 March 2021

March Stamp of the Month "Winged Masterpiece"

 Hello and welcome to the CTMH Australasian blog hop, if you arrived here from Doreen's blog you are in the right place. If you arrived here by chance you can continue the hop by clicking on the link at the end of this post.



I think this is one of the loveliest stamp sets, all of the images are really special and the sentiments will be uses again and again. The floral clusters that make up the butterfly and the dragonfly are stunning.



At first glance I thought the butterfly was going to be too time consuming to colour in but it really was so much fun. I have used some of the Happiness Lives Here papers and Blue Belle ink. These photos are from Easter last year, when we were in lockdown due to COVID 19, so there weren't any family get togethers to celebrate Easter. My nieces sent me these photos of their kids with their Easter goodies. The butterfly is a symbol of new life, so I thought it was perfect for Easter. 




 

I love the sentiment "wishing you the happiest of birthdays" and I wanted to create a pretty card to go with it. I used this paper from the Perfect Match pack, the flowers are from a discontinued stamp and thin cut set but of course any flower stamp would work. The flowers were stamped with Candy Apple ink and coloured with the pink Spectrum Noir marker, for the leaves I used Mink ink. The flowers and leaves were adhered with 3D foam tape. Pearls make everything look elegant.



 

The Creative Design Team (a group of CTMH makers) have been making a video a day for February  with the theme of love your stash, showing some great ideas on how to use up the stash of past products that we all have. So I thought I would have a go at using up some of my stash of embellishments and papers. The papers and embellishment are from the Florence collection. Check out their videos on YouTube here is the link for the first video (13) Day 1 Love Your Stash | Pocket Scrapbooking Cards | Process Video - YouTube there are links to all the other videos.




  
I heat embossed the dragonfly and the sentiment, then fussy cut the dragonfly. I love how pretty it looks. I am waiting for another photo from a friend to complete this layout. I have been friends with these lovely ladies for a very long time and when we catch up we always have a great time. Here are are some close ups of the embossing.




 
Thank you for stopping by, to see more great ideas hop along to Maz's blog I am sure she will have something wonderful to share. 

Please take a moment and leave a comment, they are always appreciated.

Happy crafting! 



2 comments:

  1. That stamp set pairs beautifully with the Florence papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I like how you added embellishments to the dragonfly body.

    ReplyDelete