Tuesday 1 March 2022

March Stamp of the Month blog hop

 Welcome to the Australasian CTMH stamp of the month blog hop, if you arrived here from Doreen's blog  you  are in the right place. If you arrived by chance you can continue the hop by clicking on the link at the end of this post. 


This month's stamp is call You're The Goat: that is you're the "greatest of all time". There are 9 different animal images and 15 punny sayings. We can have lots of fun with this stamp set, for cards as well as scrapbooking.



This layout uses the the very cute "have a whaley great day", and also the whale stamp of course and I love it on this layout. I had to hunt through my stash of papers to find this past paper pack called Seas the Day which was perfect for these photos. 

The waves along the bottom decoration was an after thought after I had already added the scalloped sticker and thankfully I found 2 different stamps ( a straight line and the waves stamp) in my stash that allowed me to recreate the same pattern as on the paper with sapphire ink. Always check your stamps when you have little boo boos like what happened to me, you never know what you will find. 




Here is a close up shot of the stamped images. I fussy cut the whale and adhered it with 3D foam tape. He really is cute, with that cheesy grin.


I loved this black cat when I first saw it and the cool cat sentiment is so cute. I found this card kit of pieces when I was looking through my stash and made it work for this card. I really need to use up more of my stash. I hope you like this card as well. 



My mother has always sewn but came to quilting later in life and she has made quilts for all of her great grandchildren and many other people. I am proud to say I have two of them. I have never tried quilting but my two sisters have followed in mum's footsteps and have made some beautiful quilts. My sister Theresa made this small quilt for my niece and it truly is "toadly amazing" The front of the quilt is the pieced hearts and the floral is the back, I have to keep reminding my sister to sign her quilts as they are works of art like any other project. 



Thank you for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you to use this stamp set, now to get some more grat ideas please go to Alison's Scissors, Paper Heart blog. I am sure she will have something wonderful to share.

Please take a moment and leave a comment before you leave, they are always appreciated.

Happy crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Love the way you have used the stamp set on you layouts. Your card is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whale sea themed layout is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whale is so suited to your page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete