Saturday 1 June 2019

June Stamp of the Month

Welcome to the CTMH Australasian Blog Hop, we are showcasing the June Stamp of the Month if you arrived here from Doreen's blog you are in the right place. If you arrived here by chance to continue the hop click on the Doreen's blog link at the end of the post.



The June stamp of the month "It's Your Day To Sparkle" has some lovely images and sentiments especially for celebrating the special events in our lives.



I love scrapbooking but making cards brings me great pleasure knowing that I can share my passion with others in the form of a handmade card.

I found quite a few samples like this card on Pinterest and wanted to make one myself, it's called a U fold card. It's really easy to make but looks so interesting. I used the cake stamp but only stamped the rose cluster then coloured with the shin Han markers. I have also used the single rose on the right of the card. Fussy cutting the roses is quite easy with the Micro Tip scissors.



 I found these instructions on Unfrogettable Stamping's blog https://www.unfrogettablestamping.com


The card does lay flat and fits in our standard envelopes but stands up for easy displaying.




For my second card I decided to make a wedding card, using the Mr & Mrs stamps. I heat embossed the images with the gold embossing powder. The gold ribbon adds a nice touch and the pearl ribbon slide is from my stash.



Thanks again for stopping by to continue the hop go to Kara's blog and see what she has created. I do really appreciate it when you take a moment and leave a comment.





3 comments:

  1. Both are fab & thanks for sharing the patter for the U card. I have also heard it called a bridge card. Oh well whatever - its still pretty. I love the gold embossing & shimmer trim on your second card - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, Doris. thank you for sharing the instructions for the bridge card

    ReplyDelete