Friday 12 November 2021

Candid Moments Blog Hop

 Welcome to the CTMH Australasian blog hop, if you have arrived here from Doreen's blog you are in the right place. If you arrived by chance I hope you see something you like and can continue the hop by clicking on the link at the end of this post.



Today we are showcasing the Candid Moments collection, aren't these colours beautiful? These papers will be so versatile and can be used for any type of project.


This gorgeous young boy is now in his forties, this is the first time I have tried the smooshing technique. To do this I pressed my ink pad directly on a large stamping block or you can use the all purpose mat, then spray a little water onto the ink and using a piece of cellophane or acetate and smoosh the cellophane onto the block. Then lightly fold the cellophane or acetate and place where you want on your paper, repeat as often as you want. It gives a lovely watercolour effect, I used Carolina and Sundance inks.




I am so happy with how this card turned out, after stamping and colouring the image I fussy cut it out. When you cut close to the edge of an image it's a good idea to then run around the edge of the image with a black marker it gives it a better looking image, no white bits showing. I added a gold sparkly star at the top. 



These photos were also taken many years ago, my mum and dad took my younger sister and a family friend down south during the school holidays. I have used sapphire cardstock for the background and sundance to mat the photos.



Thank you for stopping by, now hop along to Alison's Scissors Paper Heart and see what great project she has to share.

Please take a moment and leave a comment before you leave, they are always appreciated.

Happy crafting!






5 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts Doris, the party one really enhances the celebration mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great tips in this post Doris. I love how you are using your old photos. Memories must be flooding back as you make these pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts, Doris. The older photos look great on this paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic layouts- I really like the off centre square page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Doris. I love the splotches in the background of the layout.

    ReplyDelete