Saturday 1 January 2022

Sweet Little Things

 Welcome and Happy New Year! We start the new year with a wonderful CTMH Australasian blog hop. Today we are showcasing the fabulous January stamp of the month "Sweet Little Things" If you arrived here from Artymaz you are in the right place, if you arrived by chance, just click on the link at the end of this post to continue the hop.



This stamp set really is the sweetest little thing you have ever seen. Don't you just love these cute forest animals and the sentiments are so lovely.



I love the stamp with the small rabbit looking up to the bigger one and knew I wanted to use it. I was sure I had some photos of one of my nephews with a hand made rabbit that my sister had made for him. Looking at the photos now, I am not sure if it is supposed to be a rabbit or a mouse.  I have used papers from the new Sawyer collection and they are just gorgeous. I stamped the images and coloured them with the Tri blend markers. 

The layout design is from the Vol 2 Make It From Your heart ideas book, pattern 6. Just a hint, I am sure you already know this but just in case always cut the center out of the paper behind a top sheet because it's a shame for it to be wasted. The other decorative elements are from my stash of older CTMH products. 




 
I don't mind colouring in, but it's not something I find easy to do but  I am happy with this effort. This teddy is so cute and I am sure this card will brighten someone's day. A few sparkly gems add a little something special to any card.



A little dove built a nest in my mango tree, doves are renown for being one of the worst nest builders. A few sprigs thrown together to make the nest, I checked often and saw she had laid two eggs. I was most surprised to see she successfully hatched the two eggs and they managed to stay in the nest and grow. Eventually they grew too big for the nest and then flew away. 

I thought this sentiment "Sweet Little Things" worked perfectly for this page. This paper collection is called As You Grow and was a special release last year. It is geared towards babies and children but as you can see like all of CTMH's paper designs they are very versatile.

The bracket thin cuts are great to use for titles or a platform to add decorative elements as I have done in this layout.



  




























Thanks for stopping by, now hop along to Kimmy Adds Sparkle to see some more great ideas. 

Please take a moment and leave a comment, they are always appreciated.

Happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Great layouts , love the card , its so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different ways you have used this stamp set Doris.
    How special to see those chicks hatch and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different ways you used this stamp set on the layouts & card. The stamp set is perfect for the Bunny/Mouse photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts, Great way of using the stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layouts! Some clever fussy cutting used to create the bunny family! ❤️

    ReplyDelete