Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to this month's Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Jo Armstrong you are in the right place, if you happened upon this hop by accident no worries just continue on by following the link at the end of the post.

This month's stamp is "Typed Note" S1504, there is nothing about this stamp that I don't like. The sentiments are many and varied so it would be great for just about any card or layout. I love the vintage typewriter and the font for the sentiments is a classic typewriter font. 


I made a card and a layout this month. I came across a tutorial for the Surprise Pop Up Card a few years ago on Splitcoast Stampers' website but never got around to trying out the idea. I thought this stamp set would be perfect for making this type of card. You can watch a video tutorial on how to create this card  here

All it takes is a few cuts and scores and you will surely make someone smile with this card. When you pull the tag at the back, the image (the typewriter) pops up and reveals the sentiment underneath. The typewriter is stamped with Saddle Ink Z2171, and then adhered with 3D foam tape Z1151 so it would stand out better. It is all adhered to a card front so you write your greeting on the inside. The bling at the top of the tag is from the Mini Medley Accent Collection Z1857 and I used a small piece of cotton ribbon from my stash.




I used template number 3 from Volume 2 of the Make It From Your Heart book. I really like these books because the instructions are so easy to follow and you can adapt the layout if you have more photos.




To continue the hop please go on to Tracey Ray's website, we all love to know what you think of our projects so please leave a comment, all comments are appreciated.



11 comments:

  1. Wow! Page layouts and card. They look great. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards and layouts Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, super awesome Doris, the card is spectacular and i just love it. I so have to find out about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats absoutly fantastic, I LOVE IT. you need to put up a tutorial on how to do that card PLEASEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love your pop up card and page layout Doris! It's great to see how versatile this stamp set is! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp on the pop up card - I haven't made one of these for ages & you have pointed out how perfect this stamp is for it. Love it & will revisit that idea myself. Sweet layout too you have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the surprise card idea. I'm looking forward to watching the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun ideas! I am going to have to try that pop up card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Balloon Ride! This looks so perfect with the typewriter. :-)

    ReplyDelete